Please join us for Workplace Flexibility: The Next Imperative for Business Success and HR Leadership
March 25th Workplace Flexibility Meeting
No cost - bring a canned good to donate
1.5 HRCI business credit hours approved
April 1st Monthly Membership Meeting
Pictured are speakers from the March 4th Membership Meeting, "The Intersections of Higher Education, Industry, and the International Community," from left to right: Dr. Lenna Young, Greenville Technical College; Dr. Kailash Khandke, Furman University; Dr. Brenda Thames, Greenville Health System; Dr. Thomas Moore, USC Upstate; and Ms. Beth Jackson, Fluor University.
Congratulations GSHRM Members!
Our chapter has been designated as a 2013 SHRM Foundation Champion.
- The South Carolina Workforce Investment Board (SWIB) is hosting the 2014 Workforce Development Partnership Symposium, March 19 – 20, at the Columbia Marriott. The Symposium gives those interested in advancing our state's workforce a great opportunity to hear of best practices, collaborate on future endeavors, and learn of workforce innovations to improve the lives of South Carolinians and help businesses prosper. The symposium is also our time to honor businesses. During the SWIB Awards Luncheon and the Palmetto Workforce Partnership Awards Ceremony businesses are recognized for their contributions to our state’s workforce. Workshop offerings will include sessions on how to lower your unemployment insurance tax obligation, workforce incentives and tax credits, and Certified Work Ready Communities. For more information...
- The Quarterly SC SHRM STATE Council meeting AND the Legislative meeting will be held April 16th. The morning will be a regular State Council meeting. After lunch we will have representatives speak to us and will discuss key legislation that is important to HR. State council members, chapter presidents and president-elects, and chapter legislative representatives are invited to attend in Columbia at the SC Chamber offices. Note that this is the same day as the SC Chamber’s Washington night.
- GSHRM members are invited to attend the 39th Annual Carolinas' Conference, held May 7-9 in Myrtle Beach. Enjoy outstanding speakers, a wonderful oceanfront setting, and renew acquaintances with colleagues. HRCI credits are offered. For more information...
- The SC SHRM Council announces a Call for Speakers for the 20th Annual SC State SHRM Conference, held in Myrtle Beach, September 24 - 26. Proposals are due by April 1st. For more information...
- The Legislative Issues Committee has compiled a contact list for elected officials representing the Greenville area at local, state, and federal levels.
SC Work Ready Communities (SCWRC): Seeking support from local businesses.
Mentoring Program. GSHRM is launching a professional mentoring program in 2014 and is seeking mentees and mentors. More information here...
Professional Development Opportunities This Spring!
From our BlogSee All >
Please remember to renew your membership in February. Thanks to Laura, we have an easier process. You my use the following link to renew: http://greenvillehr.shrm.org/gshrm-members. Thank you, Penny Wofford, for an excellent update on the Affordable Care Act at our February luncheon meeting...February 22, 2014